Prepare Shoebox Gifts at a Processing CenterMillions of shoeboxes are collected during National Collection Week, but before these precious gifts can bring hope and joy to a child around the world each one has to be carefully inspected and made ready for overseas shipment by volunteers like you! You can help prepare shoeboxes for delivery by volunteering along with your friends and family at one of our eight processing centers across the United States.
Processing Center Volunteer Registration opens at 8 a.m. local time of the processing center location on the days specified below. Volunteers must be 13 years or older. 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
- Boone – opens on Tuesday, September 15
- Charlotte – opens on Thursday, September 17
- Baltimore/Washington D.C. – opens on Monday, September 14
- Atlanta – opens on Wednesday, September 16
- Dallas/Fort Worth – opens on Monday, September 14
- Denver – opens on Tuesday, September 15
- Minneapolis – opens on Wednesday, September 16
- Southern California – opens on Thursday, September 17
Serve During National Collection WeekAn exciting way for groups and individuals to serve the Lord through Operation Christmas Child is to volunteer at one of our collection sites. Opportunities to volunteer are available during National Collection Week, the third week of November. Contact your regional office to learn more about these opportunities.
To serve as a Connect Volunteer with Operation Christmas Child, go to our Year-Round Volunteer Page.