World Medical Mission serves evangelical Christian mission hospitals and clinics around the world. All applicants will be asked for two professional references and a reference from your evangelical church pastor. In addition each medical volunteer will be required to authorize a personal background check prior to being placed at one of the mission hospitals we assist.
All volunteers will be expected to agree and sign our statement of faith and practice.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
What a person believes is the foundation for both life and ministry. Please
read carefully and prayerfully this statement of faith of World Medical Mission.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. I Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. I Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
STATEMENT OF CHRISTIAN CONDUCT
Samaritan’s Purse / World Medical Mission are Christian organizations wholly devoted to spreading the message of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world. It is important that all our volunteers consistently demonstrate Christian conduct, whether while working at the mission hospital or during travel time which was arranged by your Logistics Coordinator at World Medical Mission.
Some examples of Christian Conduct:
- Exhibit conduct consistent with the highest degree of moral, ethical, legal and biblical integrity
- Maintain high standards of individual behavior at all times and avoid the appearance of improper or questionable conduct. Male and female volunteers should honor each other by incorporating respect and purity which is stated and established by God in His Word. It is our policy that we not allow unmarried members of the opposite sex to travel alone as a couple or be perceived as an unmarried couple at Mission Hospitals. This is unacceptable by the Mission Hospitals and by Samaritan’s Purse/ World Medical Mission.
- The use of illegal drugs and alcohol is prohibited. Samaritan’s Purse / World Medical Mission are responsible for the reputation of the organization and must be conscious of public perception. We ask that you refrain from any use of illegal drugs and/or alcohol from the time you leave the U.S. until returning to the U.S.
- Be aware of cultural differences and abide by cultural standards when in their country.
- Go to the assigned area with a humble heart. Always ask “what can I do to help you” rather than “what do you have planned for me”.
STATEMENT OF PRACTICE
The commitment of World Medical Mission is to serve and not to be served. Serving on assignment means your agreement to the following:
- I am willing to set aside personal preferences, habits and schedule in the interest of others to fulfill the ministry of the mission hospital to which I am assigned and to seek to win patients to Jesus Christ.
- I understand there are variations in practice and understanding of Scripture in some areas of doctrine, Christian living and witness. In serving with World Medical Mission, I will abide by the standards of the hospital to which assigned in all areas including dress, entertainment, activities, etc. This includes a willing agreement to abstain from the use of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco and being sensitive to cultural, regional, church and hospitals expectations and standards.
- I understand that hospitals served by World Medical Mission are Protestant evangelical mission hospitals in basic harmony with the World Medical Mission Statement of Faith. However, due to varied viewpoints on some Christian doctrine (examples: eschatology, spiritual gifts, security of the believer, etc.) in serving, I agree to refrain from promoting, discussing or practicing in public any doctrine, teaching or gift that is contrary to the beliefs, standards and practices of the mission hospital in which I may serve.
- In cooperation with the hospital, I will seek to provide excellence in medical care and to present Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
By clicking this button you are agreeing to the above statement of faith and practice.