Project Leader Resources
Project leaders make it easy for their church or group to participate in Operation Christmas Child
Project Leader Checklist:
- This is the first and most important step of shoebox packing! Commit to pray and facilitate prayer throughout the process of shoebox collections.
Set a shoebox goal.
- Setting a goal is important because it motivates participants and helps you adapt activities as you chart the progress toward the goal.
Determine how to reach the goal.
- Will you invite individuals and families to pack their own shoebox gifts?
- Will you organize and host a packing party for a group?
How will you collect the $9 per shoebox shipping donation?
- By individual shoebox packers attaching the donations to their gifts via Follow Your Box?
- By creating your own fundraising webpage?
Cast vision and discuss plan with church or group leadership.
- Download our Taking Operation Christmas Child Churchwide resource.
Determine how you will get started.
- Will you have a Project Launch Event?
- Use our Resources and Ideas Hub to see what free materials and items can be shipped to you or are available for download.
Implement the promotional plan.
- Use a selection of OCC brochures, promotional inserts, web banners, videos, photos, etc., from the Resources and Ideas Hub.
- Share OCC stories, photos, and videos from OCC’s webpages.
Review the steps of packing a shoebox.
Collect and Celebrate What God has Done!
- Host a Celebration Event.
- Collect shoeboxes in a high traffic area so people will notice as more gifts are collected.
- Share your photos with @OperationChristmasChild, using the hashtag #ipackedashoebox.
- Bring gift-filled shoeboxes to the drop-off location nearest you, open annually during National Collection Week (the third week in November: Nov. 13-20, 2017).
Get encouragement and inspiration from what groups are sharing about their Operation Christmas Child activities.
Have questions or suggestions? Email email@example.com